Healthcare options for employees on the US payroll
Health Plan Overview Basic Choice 2020
At News Corp we offer three distinct health plan choices for our employees. Our Aetna Basic Choice Plan plan is our least expensive plan from a payroll deduction standpoint. However you have the most cost exposure in this plan if you are a frequent utilizer of medical care. This plan allows only “in-network” services. You also have the ability to contribute into and use a Health Savings Account.
Highlights of our plan are:
|Network||Aetna Open Access Aetna Select||This is the network you would ask your doctor if she or he accept to make sure they are “in-network”|
|Can you use out of network doctors?||No||But out of network services will cost more|
|Tax Advantaged Account||Health Savings Account||If you wish you may contribute into your account to use pre-tax dollars for healthcare expenses.|
|In-Network Deductible||$3,000 / $6,000
(Individual / Family)
|In the Basic Choice if you elect family coverage all of your family’s claims will count toward the family deductible. Once satisfied it is satisfied for all members.|
|Out-of-Network Deductible||N/A – plan allows only in-network coverage.|
|Copay for Office Visits||N/A||This plan has no copays. You pay the cost of the service until the deductible is satisfied. Then you pay the coinsurance % thereafter.|
|In-Network Coinsurance – Amount you pay||30%||This amount is capped at the plan’s Out of Pocket Maximum|
|Out-of-Network Coinsurance – Amount you pay||N/A||Plan allows only in-network coverage.|
|In-Network Out of Pocket Maximum||$6,000 / $12,000
(Individual / Family)
|If you elect Family coverage – any individual of the family is subject only to the “Individual” out of pocket maximum of $6,000. The family out of pocket maximum is the total amount a family will pay across all members.|
|Out-of-Network Out of Pocket Maximum||N/A||Plan allows only in-network coverage.|
|Copay for Emergency Room||30% of costs after deductible.||All Emergency Rooms are considered in network for true emergencies|
|Generic Prescription Drugs||30 or 90 day mail order supply: Full cost applies toward deductible then 30%.||Mail order drugs come direct from Caremark.|
|Formulary Brand Prescription Drugs||Formulary Drugs are discounted Brand Drugs. To find the Caremark formulary list – log on to www.caremark.com|
|Non-Formulary Brand Prescription Drugs||These are fully patented brand drugs with no discount.|
|Prescription Drug Out of Pocket Maximum||N/A||In the Basic Choice it is combined with the medical maximum above.|
The key attributes of this plan are:
- You pay our lowest per paycheck deduction but may incur higher out of pocket costs for services as you get through your deductible.
- You can contribute to the Health Savings Account up to the annual maximum.
- For any doctor visit, or procedure you would pay the first $3,000 in costs (individual) or $6,000 in costs (family) and then 30% for any amounts above that.
- This plan does not have a per-prescription maximum. Therefore you will pay the full amount of your prescription drug costs until you satisfy your deductible after which it is 30% of the full cost.
- If you hit the plan’s out of pocket maximum – all allowed medical and prescription drug charges for the year will be paid 100% by the plan.
For a more detailed review of the plan’s coverage see this side by side.