1 in 5 adults in the United States experience a mental health issue in a given year. Beginning in January 2020, Talkspace is here to offer a solution for employees of News Corp.
Talkspace is an online therapy platform that makes behavioral health care convenient and accessible by connecting members with licensed therapists. Members can send unlimited text, audio, and video messages to their dedicated therapist from anywhere, at anytime—all via web browser or the Talkspace mobile app. By using Talkspace, members can take control of their mental health from the palm of their hand. Therapy starts in just a few hours compared to a few weeks waiting for a face-to-face visit. No need for appointments, commutes, or spend time finding the perfect therapist.
What it’s for
Work on the same kinds of issues you’d see a counselor face-to-face to talk about. Talkspace can support you with:
- Stress management
- Work/life balance
- Family issues
- Grief and loss
- Substance misuse
- Personal development and more
How it works
- Tell Talkspace what you’re looking for. First, you’ll indicate your needs and preferences for therapy. Keep in mind that Talkspace is confidential, secure and private
- Get matched. Our system suggests three potential therapists based on your preferences. Select your ideal match and begin therapy the very same day.
- Message with your therapist — on your schedule Once matched, you can begin to send text messages to your therapist, who will check in daily, five days per week. You’ll always connect with the same therapist, unless you request to switch.
Share text video or audio messages with your counselor whenever you like. Your counselor will respond within one working day up to five days a week. Without making an appointment or driving to a provider’s office, Talkspace can help you:
- Lower your stress even when life keeps you super-busy
- Make time for self-care
- Set and work toward your goals
Best of all, it’s free and secure for you to use. Simply log on to www.talkspace.com/RFL to sign up for Talkspace today. Use Organization Code: News Corp when registering. You can continue to access Talkspace services after you have completed your EAP (or pre-paid) sessions. Simply email RFLemail@example.com for information about how to continue receiving services and to see if a discount is available.
How does Talkspace handle emergencies? What if I am in a crisis?*
Talkspace is not a crisis hotline. Anyone requiring immediate assistance is encouraged to access emergency services (such as 911 or other resources), contact local authorities, or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255). Like face-to-face therapists, Talkspace therapists are individually licensed, follow clinical and legal protocols if a person is at risk of harming themselves or others, and are available at flexible hours per their posted availability calendars that all clients can access.
EAP Contact Information
From start to finish, every user’s Talkspace journey is personalized based on their unique needs and preferences.
Same-Day Access to Care
Users are matched with a licensed therapist within 24 hours and can start therapy the very same day.
Outcome Tracking & Reporting
We provide data-driven outcome tracking, along with insights on utilization, engagement, and clinical outcomes.
Talkspace offers innovative communication strategies and content focused on the end user and de-stigmatizing mental health therapy.
- HIPAA-Compliant: We treat all personal health information in compliance with HIPAA, federal and state regulations.
- Clinical Quality: Our network of 2,000+ licensed behavioral therapists are credentialed in accordance with NCQA standards and undergo rigorous training continuously.
- Convenient: Members can message their therapist from anywhere, at anytime from their computer or smartphone. No need to schedule appointments or drive to an office.
- Secure and Confidential: Talkspace uses a variety of techniques to protect user information including banking-grade encryption, anomaly detection, and two-factor authentication.
- Clinically-Proven: In a recent clinical study, 92% of participants using Talkspace reported improvement on their toughest problems in as little as 2 months.
*Keep in mind, Talkspace is not used for crisis, so in a crisis situation, it’s best to direct staff/employees to the EAP number. Messaging between users and Talkspace therapists is asynchronous, meaning that users and therapists do not communicate in real time. You can reach out to your therapist as often as you need to (and at any time of day), and expect to hear back from your therapist within one working day, during their business hours, five days per week.